Famous representation of the two sculptures representing "Les Chevaux de Marly" with a horse rearing and groom trying to control it. Resting on a Siena marble base and a patinated and chiseled bronze base. The Marly Horses are two sculpted groups representing rearing horses and their grooms. The original in Carrara marble, executed between 1743 and 1745 by Guillaume Coustou are now in the Louvre. They were commissioned by Louis XV to decorate the watering place located at the entrance of the castle of Marly. In 1794 they were transferred Place de la Concorde. In 1984, partly due to the fact that the parade of armored vehicles of July 14 was fragilizing them, they were replaced by concrete copies. Latest works of Guillaume Coustou, the Marly Horses had a great success (with reduced scale replicas) and announced the popularity of the Romantic artists for equestrian subjects, such as Théodore Géricault.
Dim: W: 7,1 in - D: 4,3in - H: 10,2in.
Dim: L:18cm, P:11cm, H:26cm.